- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Minnesota government yet to issue official statement on Wizkid Day
According to trending tweets and video, sensational musician Ayo Balogun, aka Wizkid, was honoured with a day in the American state, where he performed at the Skyway Theatre on October 6.
Although a photograph of the said declaration is available on Twitter and the singer actually retweeted it on his Twitter handle @wizkidayo, the governor of the state, Mark Dayton, has made no mention of it on his Twitter handle.
According to The PUNCH investigations, whenever the State of Minnesota makes such a proclamation as is being claimed by Wizkid and his teeming fans, it is usually gazetted and reported on the state’s website via a dedicated URL.
Again, official letters issued to Taylor Swift and Beyonce, and published on the state’s website, were dated the same day they got the recognition, unlike Wizkid’s letter which was dated September 26th while the Wizkid Day is declared as October 6.
There was also no mention of Wizkid Day on the Governor’s website, or the state’s website.
Meanwhile, Wizkid has yet to upload a copy of the purported certificate on his social media pages as of the time of filing this report.
The latest artiste to be honoured with a day is Taylor Swift, and the proclamation was dated August 31, 2018, the same day officially allotted as her day.
See a screenshot of the search of the Minnesota Government website:
— Poppi ?? (@VerifiedSupreme) October 7, 2018
See tweet and video:
Thank You Minneapolis! ?❤️❤️
Moving forward October 6th is now officially WIZKID day in the state of Minnesota. AFRICA FOREVER pic.twitter.com/xEoLflX947
— DJ TUNEZ (@DJ_TUNEZ) October 7, 2018