- Ex-OAU lecturer, Akindele in Sex-for-Marks scandal remanded in prison
- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
Nigeria’s Biggest DJ, Jimmy Jatt Is Celebrating His 52nd Birthday Today.
Legendary ‘Premium’ DJ, Jimmy Jatt is celebrating his 52nd birthday today. Oluwaforijimi “Jimmy” Adewale Amu, popularly known as Jimmy Jatt is respected as one of the pioneering hiphop DJs in Nigeria and he is regarded as Nigeria’s biggest DJ with over twenty seven years in the industry.
He began as a rapper known as Master J. After unproductively searching for a record deal, he became a DJ with the aid of his brothers. The acronym JATT represents his brothers’ names Jimmy, Amu, Tunde, and Tayo.
DJ Jimmy Jatt grew to become one of Nigeria’s hottest DJs, in the 90s and it is because of his branding and packing efforts during this period that he is regarded as a pioneer.
After instituting himself as Nigeria’s first DJ, he entered the history books in 2007 when he became the first Nigerian DJ to release an album ‘The Definition’ under Storm Records.
See IG Post;