- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
I don’t care about Anthony Joshua – Deontay Wilder
World Boxing Council heavyweight champion, Deontay Wilder, he is focused on beating Tyson Fury in his next bout and also reveals recently that he doesn’t care about Anthony Joshua.
Wilder insists his status as a world-class heavyweight has nothing to do with his rivalry with Anthony Joshua and that
The pair were primed for heavyweight division bout but negotiations broke down again earlier this month over a potential unification bout.
Joshua says he wants to face Wilder if the unbeaten American successfully defends his WBC belt against Tyson Fury on December 1, but the ‘Bronze Bomber’ insists he is not paying attention to the Briton’s comments.
“I haven’t seen any videos or anything like that. Whatever the guys are doing, let them do it,” said Wilder in an interview with Fox News.
“We’re not focused on them, we’re not even concerned about them. When was the last time we even said anything about them?
“I don’t need him to bring status to me. My status came to me because I knock people out, not because of another man.”
Wilder insists his only focus is on beating Fury, who has fought just twice since returning to boxing in 2018 after a two-and-a-half year absence, which included a two-year ban from UK Anti-Doping.