- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
- INEC result TV Interpreter, Peter Oyekale stabbed, hospitalized (photos)
- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
Many members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria aka Shi’ites were killed in a fresh clash with security agents in the Nyanya area of Abuja today Monday October 29th.
According to reports, security operatives had tried to stop a procession of the sect members who were marching from Mararaba/Nasarawa axis of the town. The protesting sect members were demanding for the release of their leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky who has been in detention since December 2015.
Following their resistance, the policemen and soldiers reportedly fired live bullets on the sect members. Many of them were killed in the clash while others were seriously injured.
This incident comes two days after the same incident happened at the Zuba bridge in the Federal capital territory. The Shi’ites were proceeding from Suleja, Niger state, to Abuja for a three-day mass protest.
Watch video below.