- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
- Ojukwu’s first son, Debe Ojukwu is dead, Bianca reacts
- November 6 Indefinite Strike: Court stops NLC, TUC, adjourns case
- Nigeria Army discovers illegal security training camp in Taraba
- Boko Haram kills Imam, 14 others in fresh attack in borno
- Pandemonium in Abuja as Shi’ites clash with Army again (Photos/Video)
- Fayose perfects N50m bail, regains freedom
Many members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria aka Shi’ites were killed in a fresh clash with security agents in the Nyanya area of Abuja today Monday October 29th.
According to reports, security operatives had tried to stop a procession of the sect members who were marching from Mararaba/Nasarawa axis of the town. The protesting sect members were demanding for the release of their leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky who has been in detention since December 2015.
Following their resistance, the policemen and soldiers reportedly fired live bullets on the sect members. Many of them were killed in the clash while others were seriously injured.
This incident comes two days after the same incident happened at the Zuba bridge in the Federal capital territory. The Shi’ites were proceeding from Suleja, Niger state, to Abuja for a three-day mass protest.
Watch video below.