- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
Many members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria aka Shi’ites were killed in a fresh clash with security agents in the Nyanya area of Abuja today Monday October 29th.
According to reports, security operatives had tried to stop a procession of the sect members who were marching from Mararaba/Nasarawa axis of the town. The protesting sect members were demanding for the release of their leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky who has been in detention since December 2015.
Following their resistance, the policemen and soldiers reportedly fired live bullets on the sect members. Many of them were killed in the clash while others were seriously injured.
This incident comes two days after the same incident happened at the Zuba bridge in the Federal capital territory. The Shi’ites were proceeding from Suleja, Niger state, to Abuja for a three-day mass protest.
Watch video below.