- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
Afenifere suspends Omisore for supporting APC
The pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, on Tuesday, announced the suspension of the candidate of the Social Democratic Party in the last governorship election in Osun State and member of the group, Senator Iyiola Omisore, for one year.
Omisore was alleged to have aligned with the All Progressives Congress to win the run-off election in the Ife South and North Local Government Areas of Osun State. His action was said to have gone against the position of his party, the Social Democratic Party, and the Afenifere.
Omisore’s suspension was part of the decisions taken at the monthly meeting of the Afenifere, held at the residence of its leader, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, in Akure, the Ondo State capital.
In a communiqué issued at the end of the meeting and read by a chieftain of the group, Chief Korede Duyile, the group said Omisore allegedly went against the position of the Afenifere during the last governorship election in Osun State.
The group had earlier decided not to support the All Progressives Congress at the Osun governorship and the forthcoming general elections.
The Afenifere said in the communiqué, “The meeting took a decision to suspend Senator Iyiola Omisore for one year for violating Afenifere’s directive which affected the outcome of the Osun election.”