- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Ojukwu’s first son, Debe Ojukwu is dead, Bianca reacts
Sylvester Debe Ojukwu, the first son of the Biafra warlord, Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu, is dead, Tribune reports.
He reportedly died on Friday night after spending a short time at the hospital. He passed on at the age of 62.
I can’t confirm death of Ojukwu’s son – Bianca
Bianca Ojukwu, the widow of Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, has said she cannot confirm the death of her late husband’s son, Debe Ojukwu.
When contacted on the telephone, Ambassador Ojukwu told our correspondent that it was not her duty to make announcements in the Ojukwu family.
When pressured further that as a stepmother of Debe, she ought to be one of the first persons to know about such things, she said Nnewi people had their customs and tradition.
“According to our tradition, it is not my role to make such announcements. We have elders in the family, who have such duties and functions. It’s not part of my duties”, she stated.
Calls to Emeka Ojukwu for a confirmation of the story were not picked.
An online publication, 247report, had reported that Ojukwu’s son died in a Lagos hospital in the early hours of Saturday (today).