- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
Ojukwu’s first son, Debe Ojukwu is dead, Bianca reacts
Sylvester Debe Ojukwu, the first son of the Biafra warlord, Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu, is dead, Tribune reports.
He reportedly died on Friday night after spending a short time at the hospital. He passed on at the age of 62.
I can’t confirm death of Ojukwu’s son – Bianca
Bianca Ojukwu, the widow of Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, has said she cannot confirm the death of her late husband’s son, Debe Ojukwu.
When contacted on the telephone, Ambassador Ojukwu told our correspondent that it was not her duty to make announcements in the Ojukwu family.
When pressured further that as a stepmother of Debe, she ought to be one of the first persons to know about such things, she said Nnewi people had their customs and tradition.
“According to our tradition, it is not my role to make such announcements. We have elders in the family, who have such duties and functions. It’s not part of my duties”, she stated.
Calls to Emeka Ojukwu for a confirmation of the story were not picked.
An online publication, 247report, had reported that Ojukwu’s son died in a Lagos hospital in the early hours of Saturday (today).