- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Godswill Akpabio, the Honorable Minister for Niger Delta has triumphed at the appeal court as judges order rerun in one local government of the Akwa Ibom North West District.
According to Premium Times, the court nullified the election that returned Chris Ekpenyong of the PDP as winner and ordered a rerun in Essien Udim local government area within 90 days.
The former governor was first elected senator from the district in 2015 when he concluded his two terms as governor.
He was appointed into President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet in July, serving currently as the Niger-Delta minister.
Chris Ekpenyong of the Peoples Democratic Party was initially declared winner of the election by INEC, but Mr Akpabio challenged the decision at the election’s tribunal.
He lost at the tribunal and challenged the decision at the Court of Appeal.