- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
The Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, on Monday nullified the election of Hon. Kolapo Korede Osunsanya (KKO).
Osunsanya represents Ijebu Central Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The Honourable Justice Wakkil Alkali Gana-led tribunal cancelled elections in units in Ward 5, Unit 5 in Ijebu Ode LGA; Ward 10, Unit 3 in Odogbolu LGA and the entire Ward 8 in Ijebu North LGA in the Federal Constituency on the grounds of irregularities.
The tribunal ordered that a rerun should be conducted within 90 days.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Barrister Taiwo Shote, had filed a petition challenging Osunsanya’s declaration as winner of the election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the February 23, 2019 election.