- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
The 41-year-old undefeated boxer, who has never been beaten in all 50 of his career fights, made the announcement on Monday and also disclosed that he has signed with Japanese mixed martial arts promotions company RIZIN Fighting Federation.
Speaking at a news conference in Tokyo on Monday, Mayweather said: ‘I wanted to do something different. I wanted to display my skills outside the US and be in a special fight,’ he said.
‘I spoke with my team and with RIZIN and we put it together.
‘I have fought in the US for all 50 of my fights. As a professional, I haven’t had a chance to go outside the US to display my skills and to display my talent for the world.’
His opponent, Nasukawa has fought in RIZIN championships in both MMA and pure kickboxing. He has won all four of his MMA fights and has 27 wins out of 27 in kickboxing, with 21 coming by knock-out.
For the terms of the fight which is entirely different from boxing, Mayweather said it will be decided in the coming weeks.
‘As far as the weight class and the rules, we will talk about that and will get that situated within the next couple of weeks,’ said Mayweather.