- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
50 Cent woo Khabib with $2m after defeating Conor McGregor at UFC 229
Rapper 50 Cent offered to pay Khabib Nurmagomedov $2m in cash to leave the UFC and join rival Bellator in an Instagram post.
Khabib Nurmagomedov’s $2m fight purse was withheld after chaos broke out following his fourth-round submission of returning Ultimate Fighting Championship star Conor McGregor.
“I think it’s wrong what the UFC is doing to Khabib, they didn’t do the same thing to McGregor,” 50 Cent, whose given name is Curtis Jackson, wrote in a tweet. “I’ll pay 2 million cash tonight if he will fight for me at Bellator.”
“I’ll deal with Dana and your contract later,” 50 Cent commented on his own Instagram post, and referring to UFC president Dana White. “The UFC is not the only game in town. Zubaira (Nurmagomedov’s teammate) is welcome also.”
“Just send me location,” he replied on Instagram, before inviting the rapper to come to Dagestan, the region in Russia where he lives.
McGregor, who received his $3m purse, and Nurmagomedov will be tentatively suspended for at least 10 days on Monday for their part in a brawl that occurred inside and outside the Octagon in their Saturday fight, Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennett announced Thursday.
Nurmagomedov went into the crowd in an attempt to fight members of McGregor’s team after the bout. McGregor also left the cage and threw a punch at a person affiliated with Nurmagomedov.
“You can keep my money that you are withholding,” Nurmagomedov posted on his Instagram account. .”.. I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat.”
Nurmagomedov (27-0) could be in danger of losing his lightweight title after beating McGregor (21-4). White has indicated the UFC could strip Nurmagomedov of the belt.