- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
50 Cent woo Khabib with $2m after defeating Conor McGregor at UFC 229
Rapper 50 Cent offered to pay Khabib Nurmagomedov $2m in cash to leave the UFC and join rival Bellator in an Instagram post.
Khabib Nurmagomedov’s $2m fight purse was withheld after chaos broke out following his fourth-round submission of returning Ultimate Fighting Championship star Conor McGregor.
“I think it’s wrong what the UFC is doing to Khabib, they didn’t do the same thing to McGregor,” 50 Cent, whose given name is Curtis Jackson, wrote in a tweet. “I’ll pay 2 million cash tonight if he will fight for me at Bellator.”
“I’ll deal with Dana and your contract later,” 50 Cent commented on his own Instagram post, and referring to UFC president Dana White. “The UFC is not the only game in town. Zubaira (Nurmagomedov’s teammate) is welcome also.”
“Just send me location,” he replied on Instagram, before inviting the rapper to come to Dagestan, the region in Russia where he lives.
McGregor, who received his $3m purse, and Nurmagomedov will be tentatively suspended for at least 10 days on Monday for their part in a brawl that occurred inside and outside the Octagon in their Saturday fight, Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennett announced Thursday.
Nurmagomedov went into the crowd in an attempt to fight members of McGregor’s team after the bout. McGregor also left the cage and threw a punch at a person affiliated with Nurmagomedov.
“You can keep my money that you are withholding,” Nurmagomedov posted on his Instagram account. .”.. I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat.”
Nurmagomedov (27-0) could be in danger of losing his lightweight title after beating McGregor (21-4). White has indicated the UFC could strip Nurmagomedov of the belt.