- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
Boxer dies after a knockout in WBC title match
An Italian boxer, Christian Daghio, has died after he was knocked unconscious during a fight in Thailand.
The 49-year-old, who had won seven world titles during his career, was knocked out twice in the final round of his WBC Asia title fight against Don Parueang last month, reports Metro UK.
After his second knockdown, Daghio was immediately treated by medical staff inside the ring but didn’t get up.
He was subsequently taken to hospital in Bangkok where he spent two days in a coma before he died.
“He died as he wanted to die,’ Daghio’s brother, Fabrizio, told Il Resto del Carlino.
“I have no regrets because he was like that. He said he wanted to fight until he was 80.”
“The ring was his life and he died as a champion.
“My brother had a girlfriend in Thailand and a five-year-old girl,” he added. You may also like to read; Small Japron: 21 Political thugs arrested over death of two cultists during clash