- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
- Ojukwu’s first son, Debe Ojukwu is dead, Bianca reacts
- November 6 Indefinite Strike: Court stops NLC, TUC, adjourns case
- Nigeria Army discovers illegal security training camp in Taraba
- Boko Haram kills Imam, 14 others in fresh attack in borno
- Pandemonium in Abuja as Shi’ites clash with Army again (Photos/Video)
- Fayose perfects N50m bail, regains freedom
Boxer dies after a knockout in WBC title match
An Italian boxer, Christian Daghio, has died after he was knocked unconscious during a fight in Thailand.
The 49-year-old, who had won seven world titles during his career, was knocked out twice in the final round of his WBC Asia title fight against Don Parueang last month, reports Metro UK.
After his second knockdown, Daghio was immediately treated by medical staff inside the ring but didn’t get up.
He was subsequently taken to hospital in Bangkok where he spent two days in a coma before he died.
“He died as he wanted to die,’ Daghio’s brother, Fabrizio, told Il Resto del Carlino.
“I have no regrets because he was like that. He said he wanted to fight until he was 80.”
“The ring was his life and he died as a champion.
“My brother had a girlfriend in Thailand and a five-year-old girl,” he added. You may also like to read; Small Japron: 21 Political thugs arrested over death of two cultists during clash