- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
- INEC result TV Interpreter, Peter Oyekale stabbed, hospitalized (photos)
- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
Boxer dies after a knockout in WBC title match
An Italian boxer, Christian Daghio, has died after he was knocked unconscious during a fight in Thailand.
The 49-year-old, who had won seven world titles during his career, was knocked out twice in the final round of his WBC Asia title fight against Don Parueang last month, reports Metro UK.
After his second knockdown, Daghio was immediately treated by medical staff inside the ring but didn’t get up.
He was subsequently taken to hospital in Bangkok where he spent two days in a coma before he died.
“He died as he wanted to die,’ Daghio’s brother, Fabrizio, told Il Resto del Carlino.
“I have no regrets because he was like that. He said he wanted to fight until he was 80.”
“The ring was his life and he died as a champion.
“My brother had a girlfriend in Thailand and a five-year-old girl,” he added. You may also like to read; Small Japron: 21 Political thugs arrested over death of two cultists during clash