- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Nigerian Footballer, Ekundayo Ebenezer Mawoyeka Dies Of Heart Attack During Match In Turkey
A 23-year-old Nigerian footballer, Ekundayo Ebenezer Mawoyeka, has died after suffering a cardiac arrest during a match, yesterday, in Turkey.
According to Euronews, Mawoyeka, 23, slumped in the 35th minute of play at the Servergazi Stadium.
It was reported that Mawoyeka was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance but he died en route.
First responders said that the Nigerian striker died of heart attack.
His death led to the postponement of the match.
Denizli Amateur Sports Clubs Federation President, Feyyaz Ceşen, in a statement, described Mawoyeka’s death as sad.