- Ex-OAU lecturer, Akindele in Sex-for-Marks scandal remanded in prison
- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
Nigerian Footballer, Ekundayo Ebenezer Mawoyeka Dies Of Heart Attack During Match In Turkey
A 23-year-old Nigerian footballer, Ekundayo Ebenezer Mawoyeka, has died after suffering a cardiac arrest during a match, yesterday, in Turkey.
According to Euronews, Mawoyeka, 23, slumped in the 35th minute of play at the Servergazi Stadium.
It was reported that Mawoyeka was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance but he died en route.
First responders said that the Nigerian striker died of heart attack.
His death led to the postponement of the match.
Denizli Amateur Sports Clubs Federation President, Feyyaz Ceşen, in a statement, described Mawoyeka’s death as sad.