- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Army reacts to the case of Nigerian soldier, Captain Zakari Sani who is reportedly abandoned in Hospital
Gunmen ambush and wound Captain Zakari Sani alongside other soldiers in Benue State, say Nigerian Army
Captain Zakari Sani who is in the Operation Whirl Stroke stationed in Benue was wounded in an ambush, alongside other officers.
The Defence Headquarters In a series of tweets via its verified Twitter handle @DefenceInfoNG on Tuesday said that “a very courageous and hardworking officer, Zakari Sani, was ambushed alongside other soldiers in Benue, while on Operation Whirl Stroke”.
It noted that Sani was badly wounded and was evacuated to Benue State University Teaching Hospital, Makurdi, where he was initially stabilised and later evacuated to Ceda Crest Hospital in Abuja, for higher management outside of the operations theatre.
“Ceda Crest Hospital is one of the best hospitals in the country as at today. The team of doctors and other medical staff, including expatriates, are attending to the officer whose situation, though serious, is getting better by the day,” the tweet said.
The DHQ said that Sani has undergone several medical procedures which have helped to stabilise him further. It denied allegation that the wounded officer had been taken out of the country, saying, “Information given about Captain Zakari may be intended to ensure he gets the best of medical attention, but the narrative is not true. “If he had been hurriedly taken out of the country without the stabilisation treatment according to medical advice, the outcome may not be certain.”
Below is the earlier accusation online