- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
UNILAG finally joins ASUU Strike
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, University of Lagos Chapter, has ensured total compliance with the strike directive given by the union’s National Executive Committee.
The Chairman of the chapter, Dr Dele Ashiru, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Lagos.
He said that the chapter held a congress on Tuesday during which members resolved to join in the industrial action.
NAN reports that the ASUU NEC on Sunday declared a nationwide indefinite strike at a meeting at the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
The union is protesting poor funding of public universities, non-implementation of the 2009 agreement it entered into with the Federal Government.
It is also protesting alleged government plans to introduce tuition fees and an education bank.
According to Ashiru, the strike directive has been carried out fully in the institution.
“We have achieved 100 per cent compliance with the directive handed to us by the union’s executives,” he said.