- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
Tragedy As Promising Corper Dies Of Malaria In Kwara (Photos)
A promising youth corp member with dreams of achieving his goals, had his life cut short as he recently passed away after a brief battle with malaria.
It is common news that Nigeria records high mortality rate almost every year but the disappointing than sad about this issue is the fact that almost more than half of these deaths are preventable.
According to the post shared on an NYSC forum on Facebook, the young man identified as Alswell Daniel was serving in Kwara state and was due to round up his service year in December.
Not so much was shared about his death other than the killer disease, therefore, it is unclear as to whether he was receiving medical treatment prior to his tragic passing.
Reacting to the news, many people were of the opinion that the government be blamed for this as corp members are constantly getting posted to remote areas that lack basic amenities such as decent healthcare centers.
This sad news is coming a year after we reported the tragic passing of yet another young soul.
23-year old Sochima Sandra Iloka, a student of University of Nigeria (Unizik) was said to have passed away after a brief illness, malaria.
According to reports, Nigeria has one of the highest malaria casualties in the world with 100 million malaria cases and about 300,000 deaths.