- Nigeria economy is in bad shape, Buhari tells governors
- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
Tragedy As Promising Corper Dies Of Malaria In Kwara (Photos)
A promising youth corp member with dreams of achieving his goals, had his life cut short as he recently passed away after a brief battle with malaria.
It is common news that Nigeria records high mortality rate almost every year but the disappointing than sad about this issue is the fact that almost more than half of these deaths are preventable.
According to the post shared on an NYSC forum on Facebook, the young man identified as Alswell Daniel was serving in Kwara state and was due to round up his service year in December.
Not so much was shared about his death other than the killer disease, therefore, it is unclear as to whether he was receiving medical treatment prior to his tragic passing.
Reacting to the news, many people were of the opinion that the government be blamed for this as corp members are constantly getting posted to remote areas that lack basic amenities such as decent healthcare centers.
This sad news is coming a year after we reported the tragic passing of yet another young soul.
23-year old Sochima Sandra Iloka, a student of University of Nigeria (Unizik) was said to have passed away after a brief illness, malaria.
According to reports, Nigeria has one of the highest malaria casualties in the world with 100 million malaria cases and about 300,000 deaths.