- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Nigerian entertainers are too broke for me – Maryam Charles
Budding actress, Maryam Charles, caused a lot of drama when she advised women to use what they have to get what they want. In a post on her Instagram page, she taught women how to get things from their men during sex.
While some people felt she was passing the wrong message, others opined that she was simply stating the truth.
In a chat with Sunday Scoop, the actress explained the motive behind her controversial post.
She said, “Honestly, I just feel that people don’t want to be real. I was actually playing around when I uploaded that post and I am surprised that it got to that extent. What I posted is normal and the truth. If you want to get something from your man, you know the right time to ask for it, especially from the stingy ones.”
Charles also confirmed that she used the technique on her man. She said, “Yes, I actually do that a lot with my man and it works all the time. However, I am only speaking to married couples; I am not talking to people who are just dating.”
When reminded that she was not married, she said, “Yes, I am not married but I’m in a serious relationship. As a matter of fact, I’m engaged. My man is based in the United States.”
On if she had ever dated an entertainer and if a relationship between two entertainers could work, Maryam said, “I have never dated anyone in the Nigerian entertainment industry because they are all broke; they are too broke for me. I am a movie producer and I make my own films. I am a hard worker; I don’t believe in using what you have to get what you want in that sense. I work for my cash and my man supports me too. I am a producer and I call my own shots.”
On how she raises funds for her movie productions, Charles said, “I used to work with First Bank as a marketer until I resigned. I resigned so that I could pay 100 per cent attention to my movie career and I have fully been in the industry for over two years now. I came into the industry as a boss; I didn’t start out featuring in other people’s movies. Some people feel that I should have started as an actress to learn the ropes but I think it is good to start as a boss. The industry is messy, especially when you are a newcomer because people tend to take advantage of you.”
Stating the highlights of her career so far, the actress said, “I have produced about 10 movies and they include Madam Caitlyn, Enclosed Passion, On Time, Broken Path, and 39 Steps, among others. My career has been fun all the way and it has been by the grace of God. My selling point is that I’m pretty and sexy; everything is on point.”
You may also like to read; Why I post sultry pictures despite being a virgin –Adokiye