- Nigeria economy is in bad shape, Buhari tells governors
- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
35-year-old man rescued from forced circumcision in Kenya
A 35-year-old man identified as just Brown, was saved from a forced circumcision ritual by the Police in Narok, Kenya.
It was gathered that there was pandemonium in in Narok town on Monday after taxi operators frog-matched and stripped a 35-year-old taxi driver in a forced circumcision attempt. Eyewitnesses alleged that Mr Brown was said to have been exhibiting ‘childish’ behaviours, eliciting suspicion among his colleagues.
“We recently got a tip off from his close friends that he was not circumcised. Ironically he has been insulting people by referring them as ‘kihii’ (uncircumcised).
We laid an ambush and when we stripped him, we confirmed that he was indeed uncircumcised,” said a boda boda operator.
Colleagues of the 35-year-old man, reportedly raised Sh7,000 to cater for the forced circumcision before frogmarching him to Enkare-Narok river, where they cleaned him ahead of the cut that he was supposed to have had when he turned 18, as a traditional rite of passage to manhood. However Standard reported that the police arrived on time to stop the ritual.