- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
35-year-old man rescued from forced circumcision in Kenya
A 35-year-old man identified as just Brown, was saved from a forced circumcision ritual by the Police in Narok, Kenya.
It was gathered that there was pandemonium in in Narok town on Monday after taxi operators frog-matched and stripped a 35-year-old taxi driver in a forced circumcision attempt. Eyewitnesses alleged that Mr Brown was said to have been exhibiting ‘childish’ behaviours, eliciting suspicion among his colleagues.
“We recently got a tip off from his close friends that he was not circumcised. Ironically he has been insulting people by referring them as ‘kihii’ (uncircumcised).
We laid an ambush and when we stripped him, we confirmed that he was indeed uncircumcised,” said a boda boda operator.
Colleagues of the 35-year-old man, reportedly raised Sh7,000 to cater for the forced circumcision before frogmarching him to Enkare-Narok river, where they cleaned him ahead of the cut that he was supposed to have had when he turned 18, as a traditional rite of passage to manhood. However Standard reported that the police arrived on time to stop the ritual.