- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
35-year-old man rescued from forced circumcision in Kenya
A 35-year-old man identified as just Brown, was saved from a forced circumcision ritual by the Police in Narok, Kenya.
It was gathered that there was pandemonium in in Narok town on Monday after taxi operators frog-matched and stripped a 35-year-old taxi driver in a forced circumcision attempt. Eyewitnesses alleged that Mr Brown was said to have been exhibiting ‘childish’ behaviours, eliciting suspicion among his colleagues.
“We recently got a tip off from his close friends that he was not circumcised. Ironically he has been insulting people by referring them as ‘kihii’ (uncircumcised).
We laid an ambush and when we stripped him, we confirmed that he was indeed uncircumcised,” said a boda boda operator.
Colleagues of the 35-year-old man, reportedly raised Sh7,000 to cater for the forced circumcision before frogmarching him to Enkare-Narok river, where they cleaned him ahead of the cut that he was supposed to have had when he turned 18, as a traditional rite of passage to manhood. However Standard reported that the police arrived on time to stop the ritual.