- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
Nigerian man arrested with drugs in India
A 32-year-old Nigerian national, was nabbed with illicit drugs worth Rs 11 lakh at Calangute, Goa, India, in the early hours of Sunday, 18th November.
Calangute PI Jivba Dalvi said they received a tip-off that a Nigerian identified as Frank Nathaniel would be coming to deliver drugs at Porbawaddo, Calangute, following which they kept a watch at the spot.
The Nigerian was rounded up when he arrived at the spot. A personal search was conducted and he was found with a cocktail of illicit drugs, all worth Rs 11 lakh.
PI Dalvi said he was allegedly found in possession of MDMA worth Rs 72,000, morphine worth Rs 40,000, amphetamines worth Rs 72,000, charas worth Rs 6,39,000, LSD worth Rs 2,30,000, and ganja worth Rs 46,000, all worth Rs 11,05,000. A scooter worth Rs 30,000 has also been seized by the police.
Calangute police have registered an offence under sections 20 (b) (ii) (A), 20 (ii) (B), 21 (a), 22(b) and 22 (c) of the NDPS Act.