- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Nigerian Drug dealer sentenced to death in Malaysia for trafficking over 700g of drugs
Nigerian man identified as Sidrey Shalod Dike has been found guilty and sentenced to death in Malaysia for drug trafficking
A Nigerian man was sentenced to death by the High Court in KualaLumpur, Malaysia, on Friday, November 30, after he was found guilty of trafficking more than 700g of drugs into the country in May 2017.
Judge Datuk Azman Abdullah sent Sidrey Shalod Dike, 46, to the gallows after finding that the defence had failed to raise reasonable doubt against the prosecution’s case.
“After examining arguments by both the defence and the prosecution, the court found that the defence failed to raise reasonable doubt and the accused is found guilty and sentenced to death,” he said.
Dike, a part-time delivery man, was charged with trafficking 727.1g of methamphetamine at a lane at Jalan Segambut, Kg Segambut Luar at 2.30pm on May 3, 2017.
He was charged under Section 39B(1)(a) of the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952 and punishable under Section 39B(2) of the same law, which provides the mandatory death sentence upon conviction.
The prosecution was conducted by deputy public prosecutor Nadiah Isa, while Dike was represented by lawyer J. Kuldeep Kumar.
Related topic; Man who beat mother to death in Jos to die by hanging