- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
ISIS executioner who beheaded American aid worker killed in a US drone strike
A senior ISIS leader, Abu al Umarayn who was involved in the beheading of an American aid worker, Peter Kassig (pictured above), has been killed in a US drone strike in Syria.
ISIS executioner Abu al Umarayn along with several other members of the territory group were killed on Sunday in a series of precision strikes.
Col Sean Ryan, a spokesman for the US-led coalition against ISIS, told Fox News that al Umarayn was killed in a drone strike in Syria on Sunday. Several other ISIS members were killed in a series of strikes in Syria’s Badiyah Desert, he added.
Col Ryan said in a statement:
Al Umarayn had given indications of posing an imminent threat to Coalition Forces and he was involved in the killing of American Citizen and former U.S. Army Ranger, Peter Kassig.
He has been linked to and directly involved with executing several other prisoners as a senior ISIS member.
Abu Al Umarayn was involved in the murder of Peter Kassig, a US aid worker and former Army Ranger who was abducted, murdered and beheaded by ISIS. Kassig, 26, was kidnapped by ISIS in October 2013 while he was delivering food and medical supplies to refugees in eastern Syria.