- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
ISIS executioner who beheaded American aid worker killed in a US drone strike
A senior ISIS leader, Abu al Umarayn who was involved in the beheading of an American aid worker, Peter Kassig (pictured above), has been killed in a US drone strike in Syria.
ISIS executioner Abu al Umarayn along with several other members of the territory group were killed on Sunday in a series of precision strikes.
Col Sean Ryan, a spokesman for the US-led coalition against ISIS, told Fox News that al Umarayn was killed in a drone strike in Syria on Sunday. Several other ISIS members were killed in a series of strikes in Syria’s Badiyah Desert, he added.
Col Ryan said in a statement:
Al Umarayn had given indications of posing an imminent threat to Coalition Forces and he was involved in the killing of American Citizen and former U.S. Army Ranger, Peter Kassig.
He has been linked to and directly involved with executing several other prisoners as a senior ISIS member.
Abu Al Umarayn was involved in the murder of Peter Kassig, a US aid worker and former Army Ranger who was abducted, murdered and beheaded by ISIS. Kassig, 26, was kidnapped by ISIS in October 2013 while he was delivering food and medical supplies to refugees in eastern Syria.