- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
NEMA: Lawmaker reveals Reps collating signatures to impeach Osinbajo
Mr. Johnson Agbonayinma who is a member of the House of Representatives, representing Egor/Ikpoba-Okha Federal Constituency, Edo State, has alleged that some members are collating signatures with the aim of impeaching Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.
Agbonayinma made the allegation while addressing journalists in Abuja on Tuesday. The lawmaker said, “Some political gladiators and media houses” were sponsoring fake news against Osinbajo.
“The reason is because of the NEMA investigation,” he said.
Agbonayinma, however, failed to name those behind the campaign against the Vice-President, saying they include disgruntled members of the All Progressives Congress.
The House had probed the activities of the National Emergency Management Agency in the North-East, during which it indicted Osinbajo and the Director-General of the agency.