- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
What really happened between men and Police, Small Doctor explains arrest
Popular Singer Adekunle Temitope, aka Small Doctor, has finally explained circumstances that led to his arrest by the Nigerian Police.
Small Doctor who was released from Police custody on Tuesday, said his issue with the Police was a case of misunderstanding, PUNCH reports.
He told newsmen, “It was a case of misunderstanding and everything is settled.
“My fans need to know that I will not get involved in any illegality. The younger ones look up to me for hope and I will never let them down.”
Small Doctor insisted that he had licence to carry a gun, saying that he was stunned when he later read that he was in possession of illegal firearms.
He added, “As I said earlier, I cannot be involved in any illegal activity. There is no way I will hold a firearm without having a licence.”
He insisted that there was no way the fracas would affect his show slated for Sunday, as all preparations had been concluded.
“My issue with the Police is even a major reason for people to attend my Sunday show.
“There is no need to panic and we have invested heavily in the security of lives and property,” he maintained.
The Penalty crooner, explaining why he settled for Agege Stadium in Lagos for his debut concert, stated, “I believe I am exceptional and people around me are exceptional, too.
“I am a man of the people and I believe I should give back to my society. They have been the one supporting me from the outset. I want them to feel important and happy.
“Eko Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos, cannot even handle the crowd I want to entertain.”