- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
“I tried to run away from romantic roles but I was not growing”- Dakore Akande
Dakore Akande says she avoided playing romantic roles “for a long time” but at some point, she realised it was affecting her growth as an actor.
The Nollywood star, upon realisation, said she had a conversation on the matter with her husband, Olumide Akande.
She made the disclosure during an appearance on Channels Television’s Sunrise, where she was asked if her marital status plays a role in her choice of roles.
The actor said: “I consider it (marital status). That’s for sure because certain scenes, roles can cause some friction.
“And I have done some of those roles recently. I did try for a long time to run away from romantic roles, but I was not growing, I wasn’t challenging myself. And I did not want to censure myself any longer.”
The 40-year-old star of ‘Isoken’ also spoke on her decision to take a brief hiatus from filmmaking after her marriage in 2011.
She said: “I wanted to be 100 percent a mom and a wife because I got pregnant quickly after, and that took me away.
“I wanted to really focus and be a mom to my kids. And just when I had the first one, I got pregnant with the second one. By then, I had already started coming back to film. I had shot ‘Journey to Self’, ‘Unconditional Love’.”
Egbuson-Akande, who dropped out of the University of Lagos midway into her degree programme, said she is happy with the paths she has taken in her career and life.
“I am very happy with my choices, I am very happy with the way I came into the industry. It’s been a great run,” said the mother of two.