- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
- Breaking: Finally, ASUU strike to end as union reaches deal with FG
- 2019 Precindency: SDP adopts Buhari as candidate
- Nigerian-born World Bank director, Haruna Mohammed is dead
- Ambode finally presents N852.31bn budget for 2019, to Lagos Assembly
“I tried to run away from romantic roles but I was not growing”- Dakore Akande
Dakore Akande says she avoided playing romantic roles “for a long time” but at some point, she realised it was affecting her growth as an actor.
The Nollywood star, upon realisation, said she had a conversation on the matter with her husband, Olumide Akande.
She made the disclosure during an appearance on Channels Television’s Sunrise, where she was asked if her marital status plays a role in her choice of roles.
The actor said: “I consider it (marital status). That’s for sure because certain scenes, roles can cause some friction.
“And I have done some of those roles recently. I did try for a long time to run away from romantic roles, but I was not growing, I wasn’t challenging myself. And I did not want to censure myself any longer.”
The 40-year-old star of ‘Isoken’ also spoke on her decision to take a brief hiatus from filmmaking after her marriage in 2011.
She said: “I wanted to be 100 percent a mom and a wife because I got pregnant quickly after, and that took me away.
“I wanted to really focus and be a mom to my kids. And just when I had the first one, I got pregnant with the second one. By then, I had already started coming back to film. I had shot ‘Journey to Self’, ‘Unconditional Love’.”
Egbuson-Akande, who dropped out of the University of Lagos midway into her degree programme, said she is happy with the paths she has taken in her career and life.
“I am very happy with my choices, I am very happy with the way I came into the industry. It’s been a great run,” said the mother of two.