- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
A whole family infected with HIV all smile as they show off medication, narrate daily routine
A lady has taken to Facebook to show off her HIV positive family and the routine they have to face daily to ensure that they stay healthy.
The 32-year-old Ugandan woman, Barbara Kemigisa who isn’t shy of talking about her HIV status, shared pictures of her family with the drugs they take daily to contain the virus.
My babies and I displaying our burden of living with HIV. Kourtney 9 years 11 tablets, Trevor 17 years 20 tablets, Dauglas 22 years 3 tablets, Barbara 32 years 3 tablets daily.
If you still have a chance and choice to stay safe, please do because it isn’t fun swallowing these pills everyday especially for the kids born with the virus.
Molested by her uncles at a tender age, Kemigisa developed a promiscuous life by the time she was a teenager.
“My parents separated when I was four years old, so, I stayed with my grandmother in Fort Portal. At six, I was molested by my uncles. They gave me pancakes for sex and asked me not to tell anyone.”
The molestation continued until she was 11 years old, when she came to stay with her father in Kampala in 1997.
Kemigisa is the founder of Pill Power Uganda, a project that has for six months identified people living with HIV/Aids, training them to recycle empty ARVs tins into useful objects.
You may like to read; HIV-infected soldier arrested after raping more than 70 teenage boys