- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Soldiers stop commercial vehicle, reportedly shave hair of young men with afro hairstyle
A lady returning from her village has narrated how soldiers stopped their bus, questioned their driver for playing a certain kind of music, and forced the young men with full hair to cut their hair.
Sharing photos of the male passengers being forced to cut each other’s hair with razor blade, Ify Nnamani wrote:
This here, is so wrong on many levels
I’m traveling back from the village and these soldiers stopped our bus. First, this one questioned our driver for playing music that reminds him of his days in the ‘depot.’ Then he asked these three guys to come down for carrying full hair. Now they are making them barb each other with the blunt razor they forced our driver to provide.
I don’t know when carrying full hair or playing music in the bus became illegal that these soldiers had to detain us for over 30 minutes. I was so angry on behalf of those guys, especially as some of the older folks in our bus kept saying they deserved to have their hairs cut that way. What is a guy doing with full hair?
All these blatant abuse of power and bullying of innocent civilians by the military can’t be allowed to continue unchecked.
You may like to read; 18-yr old boy who killed his mother, rape the corpse for money ritual speaks