- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Why You Should Not Date Your Best Friend
Your best friend remaining your best friend and nothing more is key to a long lasting friendship.
Dating your best friend might make perfect sense to you. I mean, you had so much in common, you were extremely close, and when you realized you had feelings for each other that surpassed being just friends, the right thing to do was to date. Especially since both of you were not in a relationship and had been single for a while. Cut the long story short, in the process, you lost each other. And now contact is very limited. While dating your best friend or making a relationship out of a friends with benefits situation always work out fine in films, it’s a different story in real life. It can be disastrous and even ruin the friendship you both started with. The reasons why this is always the case can be seen below:
1. Sex Alters Everything
As much as we may not want to admit to it, sex changes everything. That’s also the reason friends with benefits scarcely go back to being just friends. April Masini knew what she was talking about when she said, “If the relationship fails, you’ve lost your best friend and that person is now your ex. Tread carefully.”
2. You Could Lose A Friend Forever
If you’ve ever broken up with a friend that became a girlfriend/boyfriend, you know it’s just as painful than leaving a partner. If not more. Now think about losing a best friend forever because you went into a relationship; it’s definitely a loss that stays with you for a long time.
3. You Let Things Slide For A Friend
It’s far simple to sense bad signs early on in a relationship with someone who isn’t your best friend, because you let so many things slide for your best friend and let them get away with things that ordinarily don’t sit right with you in a relationship.
4 A Best Friend And A Partner Are Two Different Things
Our compatibility as partners versus our compatibility as friends are completely different. But most times, when we start dating our best friends, we think the friendship compatibility is still the same as the partner compatibility, how wrong we are.
You Might Also Want To Read: Singer May D Weds His Swedish Partner Carolina Wassmuth In Sweden
5 A Best Friend To Turn To Is No Longer There
If things don’t pan out the way you want them, you can’t seek comfort with that friend because he or she is a victim too. Your best friend may be your comfort and joy in times of sadness, but if you date your best friend and things don’t work out, you’ve lost that listening ear as well. You can’t go to your best friend to talk about a fight or a break up in the same way you used to. You may not have anyone as valuable as your best friend was to you in this situation.
Whom you choose to date or not date is solely your decision, when it comes to dating your best friend, there are some key factors to consider. While there is a chance that you can live happily ever after, be prepared for other bad possibilities too.
You Might Also Want To Read: Tiwa Savage Reveals Why She Chose Wizkid As ‘Partner’