- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Dino Melaye had surrendered to the Police after an eight-day siege on his Abuja residence, after which he was driven to the Force headquarters, Abuja, in a Police convoy.
In a video by Channels Television, Melaye is seen being helped into the vehicle by some people around him, with some saying, “Give him water.”
On arrival at the Force HQ, the video shows him being helped out of the vehicle by two persons who take him into an office, where he is laid on the floor.
A female voice could be heard saying, “What sort of trouble is this?” in pidgin English.
While his helpers try to get him to sit up, he makes distress sounds and an inhaler was offered and administered, but he appears to be wheezing.
There are reports that the senator has been moved to Police clinic for medical attention.
It was also reported that the IG did not give him an audience.
Watch video below:
See more photos below.
You may like to see; Migrants concealed inside mattresses to escape border (video)