- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
I can withdraw any amount I want from anybody’s account, Nigerian hacker proudly says after arrest
he Niger State Police Command has arrested two suspected hackers of bank accounts in Minna.
The suspects, whose names were given as Abdulmalik Usman and Najeeb Saidu, both of IBB Road, Hill Top, Minna, were apprehended by police operatives attached to some banks.
Northern City News gathered that the suspects had been involved in the crime for over three years before they were nabbed.
In a confessional statement, the prime suspect, Usman, boasted to our correspondent of his exploits when he declared that he could defraud an individual by simply hacking into his bank account with the aid of software.
Usman said, “This is what I know how to do. I just installed the software in the system and it works like a magic; I can withdraw any amount I want.
“The software can be used to withdraw money from any bank in Nigeria and you will begin to make your cool money without police hassles. They (police) don’t even understand how it works.”
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abubakar, confirmed the arrest, saying the suspects had confessed to the crime.
Abubakar said police operatives recovered five Automated Teller Machine cards belonging to different banks, hard drugs and a Command Secondary School identity card from the suspects.
He added that the suspects would be charged to court as soon as the police completed their investigation.
Yu may like to read; Fully Armed Men Busted Ahead Of Bank Robbery In Akwa Ibom