- Breaking: 12 injured as 3 Storey Building Collapses in Lagos
- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
I can withdraw any amount I want from anybody’s account, Nigerian hacker proudly says after arrest
he Niger State Police Command has arrested two suspected hackers of bank accounts in Minna.
The suspects, whose names were given as Abdulmalik Usman and Najeeb Saidu, both of IBB Road, Hill Top, Minna, were apprehended by police operatives attached to some banks.
Northern City News gathered that the suspects had been involved in the crime for over three years before they were nabbed.
In a confessional statement, the prime suspect, Usman, boasted to our correspondent of his exploits when he declared that he could defraud an individual by simply hacking into his bank account with the aid of software.
Usman said, “This is what I know how to do. I just installed the software in the system and it works like a magic; I can withdraw any amount I want.
“The software can be used to withdraw money from any bank in Nigeria and you will begin to make your cool money without police hassles. They (police) don’t even understand how it works.”
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abubakar, confirmed the arrest, saying the suspects had confessed to the crime.
Abubakar said police operatives recovered five Automated Teller Machine cards belonging to different banks, hard drugs and a Command Secondary School identity card from the suspects.
He added that the suspects would be charged to court as soon as the police completed their investigation.
Yu may like to read; Fully Armed Men Busted Ahead Of Bank Robbery In Akwa Ibom