- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Ambode arrests army officer himself for violating traffic law
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, on Monday, apprehended some drivers, who were violating the traffic law by driving one-way.
Lagos State Governor, Ambode was returning from Abuja on Monday evening, when he encountered some motorists driving against the traffic along the Muritala Mohammed Airport Road, Ikeja.
He ordered that their vehicles be impounded and they should be made face the wrath of the law for their actions.
According to a statement issued by the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Habib Aruna, Akinwunmi, the governor was shocked by the antics of the motorists.
“Returning from Abuja where he had attended the inauguration of the Presidential Campaign Council, Governor Ambode was shocked at the manner some motorists drove ‘one way’ to beat the traffic along the Air-force Base inward International Airport Road, Ikeja.
“He was particularly angry that one of the offenders, a army personnel, who drove a space bus with registration number JJJ 290 AC, choose to blatantly contravene the law.
“The Governor, on sighting the vehicle, alighted from his car and reprimanded the officer for showing a bad example contrary to what the Nigeria Army is known for.”
There was also another offender, apprehended by the governor. The offender reportedly “drove a saloon car with registration number LSR 445 ER,”
He was also reprimanded by the governor for breaking the law.
Governor Ambode immediately ordered for the vehicles to be impounded, while also directing that the offenders be prosecuted in line with the provisions of the Traffic Laws.