- Breaking: 12 injured as 3 Storey Building Collapses in Lagos
- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
3 Lagos Secondary School Student drug, gang rape classmate
Three SS1 students remanded for drugging and gang-raping their classmate in Lagos
A Magistrate court in Lagos has ordered three Senior Secondary School 1 (SS1) students (names withheld), who allegedly gang-defiled their 15-year-old classmate be remanded in a juvenile home.
The state police had dragged the teenagers, aged: 16, 16 and 14 years before the court on a four-count charge bordering on conspiracy, unlawful canal knowledge, sexual assault and defilement. The prosecutor, Sgt. Hafsat Ajibode, told the court that the boys committed the offences in July 2018 at Makoko Area of Lagos State. She said that the boys gang-defiled their 15-year-old classmate at her resident.
“The boys claimed that they came to visit their female classmate at her house while her parents were not around. They offered her a drink which was suspected to contain some sleeping pills and that was the last the girl remembered when she became conscious. When she regained consciousness, she discovered that she was naked and bleeding while the boys had disappeared. She raised the alarm which led to the arrest of the accused. The girl has since been traumatised and hospitalized as a result of the incident,” she said.
Sgt. Ajibode said that the offences contravened Sections 260 (1) (2) (4), 261, 263 (1) and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015. The case was adjourned until Jan.16 for mention.