- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
It is the joy of every parent to reap the fruits of their labor but such was not the case of Mildred Amadi’s parents. The young lady reportedly died following a cooking gas explosion which took place on Thursday, December 27, 2018.
Amadi was a fresh Computer Science graduate from the University of Calabar (UNICAL). She reportedly died on Saturday morning, January 12.
According to her cousin, Amadi, who was meant to go for her NYSC in March, had gone to braid her hair at a multipurpose hall in Rukpokwu Rumuiwechiorlu, Port Harcourt, Rivers state. While there, a boy was said to have turned on a camp gas and stepped out to get a lighter. Upon his return, he was warned against igniting the burner of the camp gas, since so much gas had already escaped.
However, the boy ignored the warnings and told them that nothing would happen. But immediately he ignited it, there was an explosion and late Amadi was badly affected. She was rushed to Bridgestone Hospital in Port Harcourt, where she died this morning.
Her cousin further disclosed that the deceased was the only daughter of her mom, never wanted to make her hair but her mom persuaded her to, so that she would look good.
We earlier reported that a young lady on Friday, December 14, 2018, announced the death of her dear friend, Benson Ikani. According to Joseph Tina Ejuchegahi, Ikani was involved in a fatal accident which took place in Kogi state. The deceased recently graduated from Kogi State University, he studied Fisheries and Aquaculture.