- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
5 ways to prepare yourself for job opportunities before you graduate
Why wait till after your NYSC program before you start looking a job when you can take some steps to boost your chances of getting hired before you graduate?
In Nigeria, getting a job before graduation is a rare opportunity. You will probably be the happiest student if you get one while looking forward to graduation.
However, it can be tough to wait till you finish your first degree before you start looking for jobs in a country where unemployment rate is very high.
So, why wait till after your NYSC program before you begin your job search when you can take some steps to position yourself for a job now?
Here are five ways you can get a job before you finish your BSc or HND degree.
1. Make findings about companies
If you are interested in a company, seek information about it. Check its website, or ask people you know at the organization. They’ll probably have an idea of what the company what the company looks for in job applicants.
And if you have a friend in the company, you can ask him about how they were employed. He will probably give you some insights and could also introduce you to one or two senior staff.