- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday referred to the All Progressives Congress (APC) flagbearer in Delta, Great Ogboru, as “presidential candidate”.
He made the error as he was about to present APC flag to Ogboru at the party rally held at the Warri Township stadium.
Buhari said: “I am handing over this flag of honour to our presidential candidate.”
A man to his left corrected him, saying
“gubernatorial”, Buhari responded with “to our senatorial candidate”.
Again, the man attempted to correct the president, who then said: “governortorial candidate”.
In attendance at the event were some APC governors, NationalCchairman, Adams Oshiomhole, ministers, National Assembly members, party leaders and supporters.