- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday referred to the All Progressives Congress (APC) flagbearer in Delta, Great Ogboru, as “presidential candidate”.
He made the error as he was about to present APC flag to Ogboru at the party rally held at the Warri Township stadium.
Buhari said: “I am handing over this flag of honour to our presidential candidate.”
A man to his left corrected him, saying
“gubernatorial”, Buhari responded with “to our senatorial candidate”.
Again, the man attempted to correct the president, who then said: “governortorial candidate”.
In attendance at the event were some APC governors, NationalCchairman, Adams Oshiomhole, ministers, National Assembly members, party leaders and supporters.