- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
Chris Brown files defamation lawsuit against rape accuser
Chris Brown has made good of his promise and filed a defamation lawsuit against a woman who accused of him of raping her at his hotel room.
The singer was released from French police custody earlier this week after he was arrested following the high profile rape allegation.
Brown’s Paris-based attorney, Raphael Chiche, filed the complaint Thursday … titled “false accusation, committed on January 18, 2019.” It appears this is more than a civil defamation case, according to the doc obtained by TMZ, the lawyer is citing a criminal statute relating to invasion of privacy. A violation of that law carries a maximum 1-year prison sentence.
The 29-year-old singer was detained Monday along with his bodyguard and one other person after a 24-year-old woman accused him of raping her in a hotel room last week.
He was later released from police custody on Tuesday and won’t face any charges at this time, but an investigation continues.