- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Chris Brown files defamation lawsuit against rape accuser
Chris Brown has made good of his promise and filed a defamation lawsuit against a woman who accused of him of raping her at his hotel room.
The singer was released from French police custody earlier this week after he was arrested following the high profile rape allegation.
Brown’s Paris-based attorney, Raphael Chiche, filed the complaint Thursday … titled “false accusation, committed on January 18, 2019.” It appears this is more than a civil defamation case, according to the doc obtained by TMZ, the lawyer is citing a criminal statute relating to invasion of privacy. A violation of that law carries a maximum 1-year prison sentence.
The 29-year-old singer was detained Monday along with his bodyguard and one other person after a 24-year-old woman accused him of raping her in a hotel room last week.
He was later released from police custody on Tuesday and won’t face any charges at this time, but an investigation continues.