- Early Morning explosions rock Maiduguri few hours to elections
- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
Recipe of the day: How to prepare Nigerian beans and yam porridge
- 3 cups brown/black eyed beans (picked and soaked in water for some hours)
- Chunks of yam
- 1.5 cooking spoons of red palm oil
- 2 medium onions
- Dry or fresh Pepper (blended)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 big stock cube
- Add water to about 2 inches above the beans, sliced onions and allow to boil till the beans is partially soft. Add water to cook till soft as required to.
- Once the beans is soft, add the chunks of yam and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- In another smaller pot, pour the red oil and add onions. Saute for a minute and add pepper, salt and stock cubes. Fry for another 3 minutes and set aside. This gives your porridge a special taste.
- Add the palm oil sauce into the yam and beans pot.
- Allow to cook till the yam is soft and any excess water is dried.
Your yam and beans porridge is ready! Serve warm.