- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
Recipe of the day: How to prepare Nigerian beans and yam porridge
- 3 cups brown/black eyed beans (picked and soaked in water for some hours)
- Chunks of yam
- 1.5 cooking spoons of red palm oil
- 2 medium onions
- Dry or fresh Pepper (blended)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 big stock cube
- Add water to about 2 inches above the beans, sliced onions and allow to boil till the beans is partially soft. Add water to cook till soft as required to.
- Once the beans is soft, add the chunks of yam and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- In another smaller pot, pour the red oil and add onions. Saute for a minute and add pepper, salt and stock cubes. Fry for another 3 minutes and set aside. This gives your porridge a special taste.
- Add the palm oil sauce into the yam and beans pot.
- Allow to cook till the yam is soft and any excess water is dried.
Your yam and beans porridge is ready! Serve warm.