- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother defends him against rape claims, says alleged victim ‘didn’t go to his hotel room to play cards’
The mother of superstar footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo has spoken out to defend him against rape allegations after an American teacher Kathryn Mayorga accused him of raping her in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2009.
Dolores Aveiro said she had ‘confidence’ in the 34-year-old Portugal forward and insisted: ‘I know the son I have.’
The mother-of-four also lashed out at Ronaldo’s accuser, saying she ‘didn’t go to his hotel room to play cards’.
At a PR launch in Lisbon she said: ‘I have confidence in my son when it comes to what happened.
‘When she went there, it wasn’t to play cards. It was to do something. I know the son I have.’
The Portuguese footballer has since denied the claims despite multiple reports that he paid her £290,000 settlement for her silence after they met.