- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
- BREAKING: PDP wins all three Senatorial Districts in Rivers
- Trouble for BIAFRA as Court orders Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest
- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
Former Premier League defender Repka sentenced to 15 months in jail after being convicted of fraud
Former West Ham star and Czech retired footballer, Tomas Repka has been convicted of fraud and sentenced to 15 months in jail.
The Prague 6 district court ruled that the 45-year-old Repka sold a luxury car had been renting at the time to a woman. It was also revealed that Repka signed a deal, promising to return the money if the ownership was not transferred to the woman, but he didn’t do that.
At Thursday’s ruling, he was convicted of fraud and sentenced to 15 months in jail. But his lawyer and the state prosecutor immediately appealed.
This comes months after he was found guilty of revenge porn attacks on his ex-wife.
Back in August, he was found guilty of advertising the sexual services of his ex-wife, Vladka Erbova, on the internet without her knowledge. The retired footballer also included the victim’s phone number on ads.