- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
- Breaking: Finally, ASUU strike to end as union reaches deal with FG
- 2019 Precindency: SDP adopts Buhari as candidate
- Nigerian-born World Bank director, Haruna Mohammed is dead
- Ambode finally presents N852.31bn budget for 2019, to Lagos Assembly
Former Premier League defender Repka sentenced to 15 months in jail after being convicted of fraud
Former West Ham star and Czech retired footballer, Tomas Repka has been convicted of fraud and sentenced to 15 months in jail.
The Prague 6 district court ruled that the 45-year-old Repka sold a luxury car had been renting at the time to a woman. It was also revealed that Repka signed a deal, promising to return the money if the ownership was not transferred to the woman, but he didn’t do that.
At Thursday’s ruling, he was convicted of fraud and sentenced to 15 months in jail. But his lawyer and the state prosecutor immediately appealed.
This comes months after he was found guilty of revenge porn attacks on his ex-wife.
Back in August, he was found guilty of advertising the sexual services of his ex-wife, Vladka Erbova, on the internet without her knowledge. The retired footballer also included the victim’s phone number on ads.