- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Former Premier League defender Repka sentenced to 15 months in jail after being convicted of fraud
Former West Ham star and Czech retired footballer, Tomas Repka has been convicted of fraud and sentenced to 15 months in jail.
The Prague 6 district court ruled that the 45-year-old Repka sold a luxury car had been renting at the time to a woman. It was also revealed that Repka signed a deal, promising to return the money if the ownership was not transferred to the woman, but he didn’t do that.
At Thursday’s ruling, he was convicted of fraud and sentenced to 15 months in jail. But his lawyer and the state prosecutor immediately appealed.
This comes months after he was found guilty of revenge porn attacks on his ex-wife.
Back in August, he was found guilty of advertising the sexual services of his ex-wife, Vladka Erbova, on the internet without her knowledge. The retired footballer also included the victim’s phone number on ads.