- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
- BREAKING: PDP wins all three Senatorial Districts in Rivers
- Trouble for BIAFRA as Court orders Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest
- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
Outrage as Lagos Police is accused of releasing BigBoys, Don-Chima and Razaq who allegedly raped young girl in Lekki
The police have been accused of freeing the two young men, Razaq Oluwaseun Oke and Don Chima George who drugged and raped a 23-year-old woman then filmed it with their phones.
The suspects, Razaq Oluwaseun Oke, 28 (right), and Don-Chima George, 25 (left), whose father owns Dallankester Hotels in Lekki Phase one, took the woman, 23, to a club on Saturday, February 2nd, 2019.
The suspected rapists were arrested after the victim called her brother and he came with police officers. The suspects denied raping the girl but their mobile devices were searched and a video of the men abusing their unconscious victim was seen on their phone.
They were immediately arrested. But according to social media users, the young men have now been released from jail
Twitter user @KingNelo2 made the allegation writing:
I honestly cannot believe the audacity of Nigeria and money. So 1) don chima george and ricco were released. Scot free FOR RAPE 2) don chima’s father then got police to arrest the victims brother, sister and friend. As in right now HER BROTHER is in jail. I am FURIOUS
Domestic & Sexual Violence Response Team reacts to the allegations that the men have been freed
The Domestic & Sexual Violence Response Team have reacted to the allegations that the young men who drugged, raped, and filmed a 23-year-old woman have been freed by the Lagos state police
Twitter users alleged that suspected rapists, Razaq Oluwaseun Oke, 28, and Don-Chima George, 25 (left), have been freed by the Lagos State Police after Don-Chima’s dad, who owns Dallankester Hotels in Lekki Phase, where the rape took place, intervened.
Twitter users also alleged that Don-Chima’s father got the police to arrest the victim’s brother, sister and friend.
But the DSVRT has said that the allegations are false. They say the suspects are still in custody and will be prosecuted.
In a statement released via Twitter, DSVRT wrote:
Our attention has been drawn to the rumour that the perpetrators of rape of a 23 yr old lady have been released. This is to inform the general public that the suspects are still in custody. The DPP will ensure diligent prosecution of the case.
@kingNelo2 @grooveeshakes @TheNamii