- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Outrage as Lagos Police is accused of releasing BigBoys, Don-Chima and Razaq who allegedly raped young girl in Lekki
The police have been accused of freeing the two young men, Razaq Oluwaseun Oke and Don Chima George who drugged and raped a 23-year-old woman then filmed it with their phones.
The suspects, Razaq Oluwaseun Oke, 28 (right), and Don-Chima George, 25 (left), whose father owns Dallankester Hotels in Lekki Phase one, took the woman, 23, to a club on Saturday, February 2nd, 2019.
The suspected rapists were arrested after the victim called her brother and he came with police officers. The suspects denied raping the girl but their mobile devices were searched and a video of the men abusing their unconscious victim was seen on their phone.
They were immediately arrested. But according to social media users, the young men have now been released from jail
Twitter user @KingNelo2 made the allegation writing:
I honestly cannot believe the audacity of Nigeria and money. So 1) don chima george and ricco were released. Scot free FOR RAPE 2) don chima’s father then got police to arrest the victims brother, sister and friend. As in right now HER BROTHER is in jail. I am FURIOUS
Domestic & Sexual Violence Response Team reacts to the allegations that the men have been freed
The Domestic & Sexual Violence Response Team have reacted to the allegations that the young men who drugged, raped, and filmed a 23-year-old woman have been freed by the Lagos state police
Twitter users alleged that suspected rapists, Razaq Oluwaseun Oke, 28, and Don-Chima George, 25 (left), have been freed by the Lagos State Police after Don-Chima’s dad, who owns Dallankester Hotels in Lekki Phase, where the rape took place, intervened.
Twitter users also alleged that Don-Chima’s father got the police to arrest the victim’s brother, sister and friend.
But the DSVRT has said that the allegations are false. They say the suspects are still in custody and will be prosecuted.
In a statement released via Twitter, DSVRT wrote:
Our attention has been drawn to the rumour that the perpetrators of rape of a 23 yr old lady have been released. This is to inform the general public that the suspects are still in custody. The DPP will ensure diligent prosecution of the case.
@kingNelo2 @grooveeshakes @TheNamii