- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
Boy doused with fuel, set ablaze for peeping at a lady having her bath
Maxwell Ayinbisa, an 11-year-old boy in Bolgatanga in the Upper East Region, Ghana, has been set ablaze for allegedly peeping at a woman in a bathroom.
Maxwell was caught by one Nsobila John, who doused him with petrol and set fire on him.
On 24 November 2017, Ayinbisa and two of his friends were sent by another to go and buy petrol from a filling station.
According to Ayinbisa, on their way from the errand, a man accused him and his friends of peeping at a woman in a bathroom. He said his friends escaped leaving him behind. He was grabbed by his accuser, Nsobila John, who took the petrol in a gallon from him, poured it on him and struck a match setting him ablaze.
When Class News visited the family of the victim at Pobaga, a suburb of Bolgatanga in the Upper East Region, his head, chest and both hands were bandaged as offensive odour emanates from the wounds with whitish substance dripping from the wounds on his head.
The father of the victim, Mustahpa Rahamani told Class News the suspect; Nsobila John after taking care of the initial cost of treatment of his son has abandoned him.
However, the families of the victim and suspect later reached an agreement to settle the matter out of court.