- Early Morning explosions rock Maiduguri few hours to elections
- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
5 tips you need to stay happy at work
You’ve probably got a lot of career advice about how to work smart and become more efficient at what you do. But while you make effort to improve your productivity, you also need to pay attention to your mental health and satisfaction.
You necessarily don’t have to work for a company where you can go for a swim, play video games, enjoy free food and free haircut to be a happy employee. That is not the only way to be happy at work.
The primary responsibility for experiencing happiness at work rests with you as an employee. And as long as you are not working in a toxic organization, you can bring your passion and joy to your workplace.
Here are tips for you to become a happy employee.
1. Do something you love doing everyday
You may think your job is monotonous, but if you do something you love doing, you won’t find it boring. Take a look at your skills and interests and find something you really enjoy doing in your job.
2. Take charge of your personal development
Nothing can make you happier than seeing yourself grow in your career. Do you need to wait for the management to introduce you to a training or anything that’ll help you grow professionally? I don’t think so.
You are the person with the most to gain from your career development, not the management. And if you fail to develop you have the most to lose. Do you see why you should make your career development personal? Don’t wait for the management to train you, make effort on your own to skill up. Doing that will make you happy and relevant in your workplace.
3. Ask for feedback frequently
Knowing how your boss feels about your performance could help you get better at your job. If you feel positive about your performance, you’ll definitely like to hear your boss acknowledge you, and if you’re not so confident about your performance, still ask for feedback, you’ll most likely get some advice that’ll help you improve on what you do.
Aside the fact that seeking feedback motivates you, it also shows that you are responsible for your own development which in the end is a path to being a happy employee.
4. Avoid negativity
One of the secrets of happiness is to stay away from negative energy. If you want to be a happy employee, you seriously need to avoid negative conversations and gossip at your workplace. Negative vibes can demoralize and bring you down, just stay away from it.
5. Choose to be happy
You can choose to be happy at work, trust me, nobody will stop you. Just think positively about your work and stop dwelling on your mistakes. Always try your best to hit your targets and carry out your responsibilities as diligent as possible.