- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
- BREAKING: PDP wins all three Senatorial Districts in Rivers
- Trouble for BIAFRA as Court orders Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest
- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
Cardi B went off Instagram after being slammed for winning Grammy Award
Cardi B has quit Instagram barely 48 hours after emerging the first woman to win Best Rap Album at the 2019 Grammy Awards. The 26-year old rapper decided to call it quits with the social media platform after receiving several backlash from fans who must have felt she wasn’t deserving of it.
To the critics, a Latina women shouldn’t have won that award especially on Black History Month.
However, Cardi B feels she doesn’t deserve the hate she’s getting because she really worked hard to make the album which won her the award.
“It’s not my style to put other people down to uplift someone else, that’s not my style, that’s not what I’m with and I don’t support that. However, I’ve been taking a lot of sh*t today and I saw a lot sh*t last night and I’m sick of this sh*t. I worked hard for my motherf*cking album. I remember last year when I didn’t win for Bodak Yellow, everybody was like, “Cardi got snubbed” now this year, it’s a f*cking problem? My album went two times platinum, my n*gga!”
“I locked myself in the studio for 3 months, my n*gga. Didn’t go to sleep in my bed sometimes for four days pregnant, while everybody was harassing me like, ‘You can’t do it..”
Since reacting to the backlash and sharing the above post, Cardi B has gone missing on Instagram. Her account is no longer found on the platform.