- Early Morning explosions rock Maiduguri few hours to elections
- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
The suspects who tortured a woman over a missing iPhone X plus phone and inserted pepper into her private part have been paraded by the Edo State Police Command.
The suspects, including the man who inserted the pepper into the girl’s genitals, were paraded alongside a native doctor who was also involved in the criminal act in Benin.
Mr. Abubakar Yesufu, President of League of Patriotic Lawyers, said the victim did not steal the phone as claimed, rather she refused the sexual advances of one of them and they decided to get her by making false accusations and torturing her.
Mr Yesufu said:
She refused the sexual overtures of the kingpin, who orchestrated the aforesaid missing phone and with the aid of a native doctor, he became the accuser and enforcer in chief of that sordid show of shame.
The suspects accused the woman of stealing a phone. They then made her undergo a strange oath-taking ritual. The ritual ended in the girl’s favour, yet the men claimed they were not convinced and they then stripped her in public, beat her up, and inserted pepper into her private parts, while filming the incident.
The six suspects arrested so far in connection with the case are Otoghile Joel, owner of the phone alleged to have been stolen by the young woman; Lucky Igbinovia alias ‘One Man Squad’ in whose house the young woman was tortured; Edobor Osemwengie, manager of Lafun Hotel; Kingsley Iyamu; Gregg Eweka and Friday Omorogbe.
Below are videos of them being paraded.