- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
- Breaking: Finally, ASUU strike to end as union reaches deal with FG
- 2019 Precindency: SDP adopts Buhari as candidate
- Nigerian-born World Bank director, Haruna Mohammed is dead
- Ambode finally presents N852.31bn budget for 2019, to Lagos Assembly
Recipe of the day: How to prepare plantain moin-moin
Tired of the same old regular moin-moin? Instead of getting rid of that over-ripe plantain, you can use it to create a special meal.
- 1 over-ripe plantain
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 cooking spoon palm oil
- Handful of crayfish pieces (Or 2 tablespoons of crayfish powder for taste)
- Handful of chopped onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow pepper (or red small pepper)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1/4 cup of water
- Peel and Blend the over ripe plantain with the bell pepper, yellow pepper, onions and water.
- Pour mixture in a bowl, mix in the oil, salt, chilli powder, crayfish, seasoning cubes and flour.
- Place in the foil container, ceramic bowl or banana leaves for steaming.
- In a pot of boiling water, place your plantain moin moin to steam for about 20-25 minutes and serve warm.