- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Recipe of the day: How to prepare plantain moin-moin
Tired of the same old regular moin-moin? Instead of getting rid of that over-ripe plantain, you can use it to create a special meal.
- 1 over-ripe plantain
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 cooking spoon palm oil
- Handful of crayfish pieces (Or 2 tablespoons of crayfish powder for taste)
- Handful of chopped onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow pepper (or red small pepper)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1/4 cup of water
- Peel and Blend the over ripe plantain with the bell pepper, yellow pepper, onions and water.
- Pour mixture in a bowl, mix in the oil, salt, chilli powder, crayfish, seasoning cubes and flour.
- Place in the foil container, ceramic bowl or banana leaves for steaming.
- In a pot of boiling water, place your plantain moin moin to steam for about 20-25 minutes and serve warm.