- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
Recipe of the day: How to prepare plantain moin-moin
Tired of the same old regular moin-moin? Instead of getting rid of that over-ripe plantain, you can use it to create a special meal.
- 1 over-ripe plantain
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 cooking spoon palm oil
- Handful of crayfish pieces (Or 2 tablespoons of crayfish powder for taste)
- Handful of chopped onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow pepper (or red small pepper)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1/4 cup of water
- Peel and Blend the over ripe plantain with the bell pepper, yellow pepper, onions and water.
- Pour mixture in a bowl, mix in the oil, salt, chilli powder, crayfish, seasoning cubes and flour.
- Place in the foil container, ceramic bowl or banana leaves for steaming.
- In a pot of boiling water, place your plantain moin moin to steam for about 20-25 minutes and serve warm.