- BREAKING: Tragedy averted as Air Peace plane loses front tire, crash-lands in Lagos Airport [VIDEO]
- Breaking: Gunshots as Shi’ites return to the streets of Abuja
- BREAKING: House of Reps in rowdy session over El-Zakzaky, Shiites
- UPDATED: See full list of Buhari’s ministerial nominees
- UPDATED: Buhari appoints Akpabio, Keyamo, Fashola, 40 other ministers
- Buhari finally sends ministerial nominees list to Senate
- BREAKING: Multi-Million Naira Properties Destroyed As Ojodu Market Goes Ablaze
- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
‘I’m tired of serving Nigeria’ – Corps member threatens to set his khaki and boots on fire
A serving corp member, Fidelis Chiedozie Onyenjuala, has said he is tired of serving Nigeria. Explaining why he is tired of the scheme, Fidelis told Legit.ng exclusively that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) does not have any regard or respect for the corpers.
He said if nothing is done about a new Nigeria where everything goes on smoothly as it should, he will set his khaki and boots on fire and will never sing the national anthem anymore.
He also went on to lambaste the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
‘I’m tired of serving Nigeria. NYSC members are not been respected despite their 19800 monthly allowance.
‘I want a new Nigeria this administration is not working, if nothing is done I will set my NYSC KAKI and jungle boot on fire not only that I will not sing the NYSC ANTHEM again.
‘We need to participate just to have the experience before fools will start insulting their generation not for the paid money.
‘We were notified earlier that INEC will use Corp members for the Election excise and majority of us who were interested and began the INEC training since last year were not shortlisted despite the postponement of the election. For instance in Imo state, Owerri municipal Local government, not up to 20% of Corp members serving were shortlisted this is very bad.
‘If the INEC don’t want us to work let them pay us our training allowance because we started the training since last year. Please if We receive our allowance for the training if they like let them come shortlist our names.’