- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
‘I’m tired of serving Nigeria’ – Corps member threatens to set his khaki and boots on fire
A serving corp member, Fidelis Chiedozie Onyenjuala, has said he is tired of serving Nigeria. Explaining why he is tired of the scheme, Fidelis told Legit.ng exclusively that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) does not have any regard or respect for the corpers.
He said if nothing is done about a new Nigeria where everything goes on smoothly as it should, he will set his khaki and boots on fire and will never sing the national anthem anymore.
He also went on to lambaste the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
‘I’m tired of serving Nigeria. NYSC members are not been respected despite their 19800 monthly allowance.
‘I want a new Nigeria this administration is not working, if nothing is done I will set my NYSC KAKI and jungle boot on fire not only that I will not sing the NYSC ANTHEM again.
‘We need to participate just to have the experience before fools will start insulting their generation not for the paid money.
‘We were notified earlier that INEC will use Corp members for the Election excise and majority of us who were interested and began the INEC training since last year were not shortlisted despite the postponement of the election. For instance in Imo state, Owerri municipal Local government, not up to 20% of Corp members serving were shortlisted this is very bad.
‘If the INEC don’t want us to work let them pay us our training allowance because we started the training since last year. Please if We receive our allowance for the training if they like let them come shortlist our names.’