- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
FG declares Friday Election-public holiday, excludes bankers
The Federal Government has declared Friday, February 22, 2019, as a public holiday, in preparation for the February 23 presidential and National Assembly elections.
Minister of Interior, Lt. Gen. Bello Dambazau (rtd) has declare Friday a public holiday on behalf of the government.
The Ministry of Interior in a statement issued on Wednesday night by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Barr. Georgina Ehuriah, however, excluded bankers and those offering essential services across the nation.
“The Federal Government declares Friday, February 22, 2019 as work-free day. Those providing essential duties and bankers are excluded.
“The work-free day is to enable citizens return to their polling units for the reschedule Presidential & National Assembly elections.
“Security agencies have been directed to ensure safety of lives and property before, during and after the general election,” the statement added.