- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
Survey says 75% of work-from-homers want to work remotely for the rest of their career
Working from home might not be a popular job practice in a country like Nigeria, but studies have shown that this emerging trend in job space might soon become mainstream.
For those who have the options to work from home (WHF), there’s a general belief that they tend to enjoy and get more satisfied with their job than people who leave their home for their workplace every day. This belief is heightened by a survey conducted by Amerisleep.
The survey involving 1001 respondents says 75% of remote workers are so comfortable with working from home that they prefer to work remotely for the rest of their career.
Although, there are some arguments like home distractions, increased sleep hours and social isolation against WHF, but Amerisleep survey seems to debunk this argument.
According to the survey, a lot of people who work from home don’t really miss the office friendship and drama. 51.4% of remote employees said they never felt left out of their company culture while 27.5% responded “some of the time. Only 27.5% said they feel isolated some of the time.
On increased sleep hours, working from home doesn’t necessarily translate to extra sleep due to time saved in the absence of a commute.
In another research conducted by the Ladder, an American job platform highlights some benefits of working from home (WHF) according to work-from-home employees.
- No commute
- Flexible schedule
- Less supervision
- Fewer interruptions
- Freedom to do other things while working
- Better focus on the work
- No workplace drama
- More sleep
- No need to get dressed every morning
- No small talk with coworkers
Apart from the benefits mentioned above, another thing you can enjoy working remotely is the flexibility and opportunity to travel and work at the same time.