- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
- Breaking: Lagos records first death in Saudi Arabia
Ballot box snatching: Demola, OPC Leader who escaped lynching by whisker to face prosecution
The Lagos State police command has disclosed that the suspected leader of the thugs that invaded polling units in last Saturday’s presidential and National Assembly elections in Okota area of Lagos, simply identified as Demola, would be made to face the wrath of the law.
It would be recalled that Demola was apprehended by angry voters at Baba Ewe bus-stop in Ago, Okota, while fleeing the scene with members of his gang, after setting election materials and ballot papers on fire.
He was beaten to coma and rumoured to be dead, while his gang’s operational motorcycle was set ablaze. He was, however, resuscitated at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) and has been discharged.
But the Commissioner of Police, Zubairu Muazu, while briefing newsmen on the update of security towards the gubernatorial election billed for next week Saturday, said Demola would be arrested and prosecuted over his alleged involvement in the disruption of the election. Muazu said: “Demola is one of the suspects. He will be treated as a principal suspect. He will assist to arrest other members of his gang.”
Watch the video below.
View this post on Instagram