- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Ballot box snatching: Demola, OPC Leader who escaped lynching by whisker to face prosecution
The Lagos State police command has disclosed that the suspected leader of the thugs that invaded polling units in last Saturday’s presidential and National Assembly elections in Okota area of Lagos, simply identified as Demola, would be made to face the wrath of the law.
It would be recalled that Demola was apprehended by angry voters at Baba Ewe bus-stop in Ago, Okota, while fleeing the scene with members of his gang, after setting election materials and ballot papers on fire.
He was beaten to coma and rumoured to be dead, while his gang’s operational motorcycle was set ablaze. He was, however, resuscitated at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) and has been discharged.
But the Commissioner of Police, Zubairu Muazu, while briefing newsmen on the update of security towards the gubernatorial election billed for next week Saturday, said Demola would be arrested and prosecuted over his alleged involvement in the disruption of the election. Muazu said: “Demola is one of the suspects. He will be treated as a principal suspect. He will assist to arrest other members of his gang.”
Watch the video below.
View this post on Instagram