- BREAKING: Tragedy averted as Air Peace plane loses front tire, crash-lands in Lagos Airport [VIDEO]
- Breaking: Gunshots as Shi’ites return to the streets of Abuja
- BREAKING: House of Reps in rowdy session over El-Zakzaky, Shiites
- UPDATED: See full list of Buhari’s ministerial nominees
- UPDATED: Buhari appoints Akpabio, Keyamo, Fashola, 40 other ministers
- Buhari finally sends ministerial nominees list to Senate
- BREAKING: Multi-Million Naira Properties Destroyed As Ojodu Market Goes Ablaze
- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
Nigeria’s Kamaru Usman becomes the first African UFC undefeated Welterweight Champion
Kamaru Usman has just emerged as the first African-born champion in UFC history.
The Nigeria born fighter relentlessly punished Tyron Woodley for five rounds to become the new welterweight division champion. Usman controlled the fight from start to finish and won via unanimous decision, capturing scores of 50-44, 50-44, and 50-45.
Usman now owns a 14-fight win streak and a career record of 14-1. He’s yet to lose in the UFC.
Woodley tasted defeat for the first time since a unanimous decision loss to Rory MacDonald in 2014. Usman had the long-reigning champion backpedaling from the outset of the fight and cracked Woodley with an elbow early in the second, drawing blood from the champion.
Usman connected on 336 strikes versus 60 and dropped the elite wrestler with two takedowns. Woodley has since offered his congratulations to the new champion and expressed a desire for a rematch.