- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
- BREAKING: PDP wins all three Senatorial Districts in Rivers
- Trouble for BIAFRA as Court orders Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest
- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
- INEC result TV Interpreter, Peter Oyekale stabbed, hospitalized (photos)
A man accused of stealing a phone, escaped being lynched to death by a mob after he was accused of stealing a phone.
The suspect was beaten mercilessly by an angry mob after he was apprehended over the alleged phone theft earlier yesterday.
With support from Nigeria Police Force, Federal Housing Division Calabar and activist Gwamnishu Emefiena, the suspected thief was rescued.
Activist, Prince Harrison Gwamnishu, who shared the story online, said the mob was about to set the man on fire when the police came to rescue him. He was rushed to the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital where the doctors attended to him. He is fast responding to treatment.
”THEY ACCUSED HIM OF STEALING A PHONE IN CHURCH AND MOBBED HIM.
Arrived Federal Housing Police Divisional Police Station for #JusticeforEmem. We met this youngman lying down helplessly inside the police hilux van.
After enquires, we discovered that it’s a case of jungle justice. They alleged he stole a phone in a Church and was mobbed. So he’s been there since morning. No treatment. The police were even waiting for him to die.
We decided that he deserves a second chance.
We took him to the police clinic where he was rejected. We were referred do General Hospital.
As at this minute, There’s no official complaint about against him. So he’s Not under arrest.
After treatment, he’ll be leaving Scot free…” he wrote on his facebook page