- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Army reacts to videos of alleged Military invasion on Rivers Commissioner’s House
The Nigerian Army (NA) has observed some CCTV footages in circulation on social media and other online platforms, allegedly showing soldiers of the NA and other security agents invading the residence of the Rivers State Commissioner of Education, Hon. Dr. Tamunosisi Gogo-Jaja.
The Nigerian Army has started conducting a comprehensive forensic investigation of the footages to authenticate the validity or otherwise of the claims to guide its further actions.
In the view of these allegations, the NA, for the umpteenth time, categorically reiterate its position in the entire conduct of the 2019 General elections as severally and consistently espoused and
directed by the Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen TY Buratai which is – “NA is apolitical, neutral, impartial and will not compromise its constitutional roles under any guise”.
For RE-emphasis, NA’s responsibility in the entire electioneering process is only to assist civil authority, Nigeria Police and other relevant security agencies to – “provide a secure, peaceful and enabling environment for the successful and transparent conduct of the election”. Anything beyond this is not authorized and therefore totally unacceptable by the leadership of the NA.
Any military personnel comfirm to be involved in any professional misconduct, such a person/s would be dealt with decisively in accordance with the law.
To this end, the NA wishes to request well-meaning Nigerians to always forward genuine complaints and evidences of professional misconduct against any of its personnel for investigation and necessary action.
Acting Director Army Public Relations
8 March 2019
WATCH THE VIDEOS BELOW.
View this post on Instagram
The commissioner and his family members were reportedly arrested by the Nigerian Army 6 Division, Port-Harcourt. According to reports, they were whisked away by a fleet of fierce looking soldiers who stormed his GRA Phase 3 residence by about 2 pm Wednesday, March 6, 2019.